July 23, 2013

Spicy Green Bean Zucchini

My hubby and I are trying to eat healthier. We've been camping a lot lately and have had a few too many s'mores, chips, and hot dogs. So today I developed this veggie dish that was so delicious.


Ingredients:
Half of a medium zucchini, in 1 inch chunks
1 handful of fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch strips
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Onion, diced
6 pieces of diced jalapenos
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp fresh basil
salt
pepper
1/4 c. shredded cheese

1. Heat oil in a pan over med-high heat.
2. Toss in the zucchini, green beans, and onion.
3. Saute veggies for 5-10 min.
5. While veggies are sauteing, add jalapenos, crushed red pepper, basil, salt, and pepper.
6. After the zucchini is tender, remove the pan from the heat. I thought the dish was too spicy, so I would recommend taking out the jalapenos - the flavor will still be in the dish.
7. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and let it melt.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback and questions!