June 14, 2015

Taco Casserole

Sometimes throwing things together turn out to be the most delicious recipes. I'm always craving Mexican food. I'm surprised my husband hasn't told me to stop making it. So once again my dinner-on-a-whim turned to Mexican inspired cuisine.

Taco Casserole




1 Lb. ground beef, browned with chopped onion or minced onion
1 packet taco seasoning (I love making it homemade
1/2 box rotini noodles (or any small noodle you have on hand)
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 4oz. can diced green chiles
1/4 c. Sour cream
1 cup Taco shredded cheese

1. Brown hamburger on medium high heat. Before all the water has evaporated out, add taco seasoning to hamburger. Stir until all hamburger is coated. Add a few tablespoons of water if you need more liquid. Add beans and chiles. Stir and let simmer. 
2. Boil noodles (while hamburger is browning) according to package directions. Drain noodles and add to casserole. Stir. 
3. Add sour cream and cheese. Stir. Cover for a few minutes until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback and questions!