November 21, 2013

Easy Peasy Chicken Noodle Soup

Okay, so I think you've got the point if you've even somewhat browsed my blog - I love soup. I always will, and my husband always won't. So, I made some for lunch since I'm feeling a little under the weather. I have to tell you about this recipe - I don't measure. I just throw stuff into the pot and put in whatever "looks right". These measurements below are approximate, so if you think it needs a little more or a little less of something, go ahead and change away!

Displaying photo 5.JPG

2 TBL Vegetable Oil
1 Onion, diced
2 Tsp. Garlic, minced
1 Tsp. Dried Thyme
1 Tsp. Dried Bay Leaves
1/8 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 Cups Shredded Carrots
8 Cups Chicken Stock
2 Cups Rotini Noodles (curly ones!)
3 Cups Shredded Chicken (if you're in a huge hurry, canned will be fine!)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Diced Celery - optional

1. Heat oil, onion, garlic, carrots, thyme, bay leaves, and cayenne pepper (add celery too, if using) over medium heat until they start to brown - you don't want them to get soggy, because they will continue to cook as you add other ingredients.

2. Next, add chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a boil then add the rotini noodles and chicken. Simmer until noodles are tender - about 10 minutes. Season will salt and pepper. You can let the soup simmer until you're ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback and questions!